Columbia, MD 21046
United States Government Purchasers
Sales tax does not apply to purchases made by the United States Government. In order to document that a sale has been made to the U.S. Government, we need to obtain a copy of one of the following:
- Federal tax ID certificate
- Certificate of exempt status
- Photocopy of your qualified U.S. Government Credit Card (Smart Pay Card)
Other Exempt Purchasers
All other exempt purchasers need to provide us with a copy of a state resale certificate, exemption certificate, or other acceptable proof of your exempt status for the state where the items will be shipped. The organization or individual name on the order must exactly match the state tax-exempt certificate.
Tax Exempt Refund
In order to facilitate a tax exempt refund, you will need to provide us with acceptable proof of exempt status for the state where the items will be shipped. Submit the necessary information by fax or e-mail in order to receive a refund of any sales tax. Our fax number is (410) 510-1889. You may also send scanned copies in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following:
- Your order number (6 digits in this format: XXXXXX)
- E-mail address
- Acceptable proof of your exempt status (as outlined below)
- The name of the organization that purchased the items
- If sending a fax, mark your fax "Attn: Tenable Tax Exempt"